- Dr. In-Ju Kim submitted his nomination in the Science Specialization for VIRA 2016 on
November 10, 2016 and the same has been selected for the LIFETIME ACHIEVEMNT Award in the field of Industry and Occupational Safety
based on the Expert Committee report and APEX Committee recommendations as per the 'VIRA Process'.
- The selection has been communicated via a formal letter [F. No.VIF/ANL/RA/2016 (AAP-III)] dated November 12, 2016 to
Dr. In-Ju Kim (Nomination Code-RA16SCNC1864). Subsequently Dr. In-Ju Kim has given his
consent to receive the Award by submitting the registration form on November 15, 2016.
- Dr. In-Ju Kim has 'Attended and Participated' in the Annual Research Meet-ARM 2016
(Agenda: Technical Talks, Research Discussions & Award Ceremony, The Venus International Research Awards-VIRA 2016) organized by the CARD of Venus
International Foundation on December 3, 2016 at the Le Royal Meridien Chennai.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award-'Certificate, Bronze Medal and Memento' has been bestowed to
Dr. In-Ju Kim in view of recognition of his Initiatives, Discoveries, and Developments in the field of
Industry and Occupational Safety by the Guest of Honors of ARM 2016 namely Hon'ble Mr Justice S. K. Krishnan-Judge, Lok Adalat, High Court of Madras, India & Dr. V. Ganesan-Former Asso. Director, IGCAR, Kalapakkam, India, on December 3, 2016 at Le Royal Meridien, Chennai, India.
Note: The Venus International Research Awards-VIRA (is a part of the Annual Research Meet-ARM 2016)
'Celebrating the Creative Minds of World' by proudly recognizing 'Expertly Qualified-Highly Cited Research Professionals'
in the age group of 27-62 years who are committed to finding solutions to the daunting challenges.
The scheme has a Criteria, Standards, Regulations, Application Form, Expert Committee and Judging Process etc
that are governed by the Board of Trust. The VIRA 2016 is convened by the Centre for Advanced Research and Design (CARD)
of VIF & conducted in accordance with the VIF BOARD MEETING resolution vide F. No. VIF/MIN/BM-III/2016 held on August 3, 2016
at VIF Head Quarters. The VIRA 2016 invites nominations vide F. No. VIF/CFN/RA/2016 dt. Aug 5, 2016 opened on 8 August 2016
from eligible individuals those are in 'Continuous Regular Service in Research or Academic Institution/Agency'
- Dr. In-Ju Kim have achieved a couple of major things in his research performance and productivity over the last 2 years. Firstly, he have extended his research capacities to the interdisciplinary scientific and technical areas such nano-tribology and nano-technology with nano-coatings and their applications for safety and health fields. As a result, he have published single authored high quality papers in the high impact journals over the last two years.
- A few more papers are in the review and preparation processes at the moment.
Based on this knowledge attainment on the areas, he is working on to developing major research grant proposal for the application of nano-tribology, nanotechnology and nano-coating techniques to the public safety and health enhancement with interdisciplinary team members in the University of Sharjah.
- Secondly, he had signed on a contract document with a major global publishing company, Springer in the UK, to publish his new book on tribology applications for slip safety assessment. He expect that this new book will be available in an early 2017.
The above two achievements are some of my major products over the last 2 year.
Research and Development Activities
Major Area of Research:Industry and Occupational Safety
Research Interests: Injury Prevention, Safety Engineering
Current Research Focus: Nanotribology and Nano-coatings for Safety and Health Applications
- Dr. In-Ju Kim has an active researcher and have contributed to the fields of industry and occupational safety, ergonomics/human factors engineering, biomechanics, injury prevention, sports engineering, and rehabilitation science and technology.
- He have dedicated to develop new theory concepts and models with tribology concepts and surface analyses to enhance slip safety assessments. Based on the findings and achievements, he have enhanced and extended his research capacities and capabilities to providing innovative solutions for public safety and health with engineering approaches.He have focused on developments of research programs and projects on three major areas: pedestrian safety programs for the middle-eastern countries and regional areas, nano-technology and nano-coating materials for safety and health enhancements, and hospital flooring safety and hygienic controls.
Life and Work
- In-Ju Kim was born on October 17,1961 at Seoul, Republic of Korea. He received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Sydney, Australia, 2001.
- After earned Dr. In-Ju Kim Ph.D. degree,he have worked for broad areas of Ergonomics, Human Factors, Industry and Occupational Safety and Health, Applied Biomechanics, and Sports Engineering and Technology through a number of research and industry projects from Australia, the UK, the USA, and Saudi Arabia over the last fifteen years.
- He also had worked for developing research grant proposals for healthcare industry safety and human factors and ergonomics areas.He have served as an editor and editorial board member of four journals in the disciplinary areas of Industrial Engineering, Safety Science and Technology, and Rehabilitation Science and Technology.Currently, he is working for the Department of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management at the University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates as a faculty member.